The current farmstead has been in the Gaeddert family for over 75 years. It was first established in 1880 by Mr. Ben Buhler of whose family the nearby town is named after. In 1930, it was purchased by Frank & Katherine Gaeddert who thought it would be the perfect place to raise their future six children and continue the path of farming. The farm has endured the hardships of the Great Depression, the dust bowl of the 1930's and the farm crisis of the 1980's. Through hard work and some creative ingenuity the farm has not only survived, but thrived.
The farm was purchased by Frank & Katherine's son and his wife, Leon & Ruth Gaeddert, in 1967. Since that time, they have made many physical changes to the farm but the basic love for farming and country life remains the same.